Who We Are:
A dynamic inter-generational group of women whose mission is to provide a social outreach program, which will enhance their connection to the synagogue and Judaism. In hopes of enriching ourselves, our community and our Temple family, our goal is to offer programs that provide spiritual and intellectual fulfillment.
What We Do:
- We sponsor terrific events, both religious and secular, to learn from our clergy and other speakers and to bond with and support the women within our temple community.
- We do outreach and tzedakah, providing meals, clothing and support to those in need.
- Your dues allow us to contribute to the youth and adult programs, the clergy's discretionary funds, the holiday boutiques and community social service organizations.
We welcome your participation and encourage new members to get involved. Annual Friend of a Friend/Chaverot dues may be paid along with your Temple membership or anytime. For more information, please contact the Temple Office at 516-621-6800 or [email protected]
Please mark your calendar for the following Friend of a Friend events and, if you can join us, RSVP to: [email protected].
* Monthly FOF Friday membership meetings at 9:30am in the library
* Fri, September 6 - FOF Meeting & 10:30 am Welcome Buffet Breakfast
Fri, September 13 - FOF SHABBAT SERVICE & CHAMPAGNE ONEG TOASTING RABBI SCHACHTER
Thurs, September 19 - RUGELACH WITH RHONDA - 10:30 am
* Fri, October 4 - FOF Meeting
Fri, October 11 - Decorate the Sukkah - 10:30 am
Fri, October 18 - SUKKOT SERVICE & BRUNCH, WITH USHPIZIN ABBIE LASKEY - 10:00 am
Wed, October 30 - CROWN HEIGHTS GUIDED TOUR - 9:00 am
* Fri, November 1 - FOF Meeting
Wed, November 6 - Wine, Women & Wisdom - 7:00 pm
Thurs, November 14 - Pinot & Painting with Artist in Residence Mordecai Rosenstein (Adult Engagement) - 7:30 pm
December 9, 10, 11 - Chanukah Boutique
* Fri, December 13 - FOF Meeting
December 16, 17, 18 - Latke Parties
Tues, January 7 - AE Author Talk/Lunch: Sarah Rose (co-sponsored by FOF) - 11:30 am
* Fri, January 10 - FOF Meeting & 10:30 am COOKING FOR A CAUSE
Thurs, January 23 - Make a Glass Matzoh Tray - 7:00 pm
Wed, January 29 - Wine, Women & Wisdom - 7:00 pm
*Fri, February 7 - FOF Meeting
*Fri, March 6 - FOF Meeting & Deliver Purim Bags (Purim: March 9-10)
Thurs, March 26 - WOMEN’S INTERGENERATIONAL SEDER
* Fri, April 3 - FOF Meeting
* Fri, May 1 - FOF Meeting
Fri, May 15 - FOF SHABBAT SERVICE
Wed, May 20 - Wine, Women & Wisdom - 7:00 pm
More events will be added soon for 2020!
Here’s a look at some of our events - join us!
Service & Brunch in the Sukkah
"Be a Mensch" - Make a Meal (with the Social Action Committee)